Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Setbacks are not the end of the world...

“Part of abandoning the all-or-nothing mentality is allowing yourself room for setbacks. We are bound to have lapses on the road to health and wellness, but it is critical that we learn how to handle small failures positively so that we can minimize their long-term destructive effects. One setback is one setback—it is not the end of the world, nor is it the end of your journey toward a better you.”
Jillian Michaels

Sorry for the little abscence, hit a few health delays. Nothing too serious, just a good bout sinus issues! I am actually thoroughly convinced that my body went into it's self preservation mode and tried rejecting my new healthy lifestyle! It sidelined me from working out(I mean who in their right mind would run with a Sinus infection and 103 fever?) I'm dedicated to this whole thing...but not insane!  Once I finally felt a million times better, Mom came down with it. We were also plagued with our first week of above 100 temps, although I did go three nights at 9 p.m. and got runs in. It was still 95 degrees...ouch.

So then I decided to just give up(not working out silly) the heat. I joined the Wellness Center...and man was that the best decision ever. A cool 60 some degrees, weights(which I have been itching to do), and other Cardio machines to break up the monotony of running every now and then. I talked Mom into joining to so that we could keep up the partnership(and keep up the motivation). We had to move a little bit backwards to build up our stamina, but we're still gonna make that 5K! I know it!!

As for eating...blah. This past weekend was not my weekend for self control. I ate what I wanted, and had a little bit of fried food(for the first time in over a month :( ), and didn't work out like I wanted to. But I'm recharged and have done much better yesterday and today. It's a never ending battle, and I don't intend to give up!! What's more worth the results...than knowing you had to fight really hard to get them? That's what I keep telling myself!

Random thought...I used to go through a 20 pk of Diet Coke in 3 days, well the current 20 pk of Diet Coke sitting in my pantry has been there since last Wednesday. And it still has 5 left in it. Baby steps....

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment