When I look back on 2012, I can honestly look back with a sense of accomplishment. I achieved many different goals that I set for myself about a quarter way into the year. Shortly after Lenae turned 1 and seeing myself in so many horrible pictures, I'd had enough. Then came a brief hospital stay because of the recurring blood pressure issues and I'd REALLY had enough. Mom and I started our adventure with the 1 goal of running a 5K by the end of the fall. I never expected what that would spark in myself to go above and beyond that one goal. Here are some highlights to run down the year.
2012 in review:
- Started the C25K at the end of April. Coughed, gagged, and suffered my way through 60 seconds of running. I wanted to quit. I HATED running.
- Mid May we were running 3 minutes at a time, with a 90 second walk in between. This was taking place on the back dirt roads. And then it started to get HOT.
- In June I purchased a 6 month membership to the gym to get out of the heat. This was a BIG leap on my part as I always gave up after a month of working out.
- June 21, 2012. My mom and I ran a mile, non stop. It was one of the most perfect days, ever.
- In July I put a serious dent in my consumption of caffeinated beverages. I still can't find it in me to get rid of my 1 a day. I was also up in the double digits of pounds lost. Woot Woot!
- I ran 3 miles in a row at the end of July. That was huge. I broke down a major goal I had set for myself.
- September 30, 2012. Goal Met. 5K completed 39 minutes and 51 seconds.
- October 6, 2012 I ran the Color Run with my aunt, cousin, sister, and mom. It's a MUST. Even if you're not a runner. Seriously.
- October 13, 2012 we completed our third and final 5K for the year. It was another variation of the Color Run and we ran it with 2 of my good friends. It was tough and I found out how much I despise hills.
- I completed an entire month of 30 Day Shred and had to date lost 28 lbs.
- In November I hit ONDERland and was in the 30's of lbs lost
- December was plagued with sickness and holidays...so it's all a blur. :) But I did accomplish taking a full minute off of my mile!!
Goals for 2013
- Hit my Goal weight. Hopefully by Octoberish.
- Run a Half Marathon----Want that 13.1 sticker!!!
- Wear a swimsuit and not feel uncomfortable. T-5 months. Ugh.
- Improve my swimming skills...and quick. Fitathlon here I come!
- and just simply get out and LIVE more.
And here's what I've been saying is coming...the Progress Pictures...
There you have it! From the beginning to so far. That is 40 lbs that I am glad to be rid of. 40 lbs of sweat, tears, and hard work. Here's what 40 lbs of Chicken looks like
So basically that is what I was carrying around...yuck.
Finally here's a couple pictures of Lenae out in the snow last night...just because they are too cute.
We got about 7.5 inches of snow the other day and she LOVES it. She also got some "pwetty awetsome" princess boots that light up. She won't ever let me take them off.
See them? :)