Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Oh Christmas time, Stomach Flu, and Weigh in Wednesday

I am finding out how hard it really is to keep up the gym routine during the Christmas parties, family gatherings, sickness, and just general end of the year busy stuff! I came down with the full on stomach flu yesterday morning while getting ready for work. And then several more times after that. It seemed to be on it's way out the door around Lunch time. Woke up this morning feeling like nothing ever happened. So we shall see if it stays that way tonight when I give the treadmill another shot.



It has been since last Thursday that I have gotten my quality time at the gym :( Total sadface. I fully intended on going Saturday morning, but after the marathon of Duck Dynasty and the 1 bottle of Moscato on Friday night, that wasn't happening. Saturday night was Shelby's work Christmas party...and well...let's just say I felt even worse on Sunday. So here we are on Wednesday and I need to quit with the excuses! I WILL run tonight, I WILL lift weights tonight, I WILL drink all my 80 ounces of water! Bad news...there is another Christmas party this weekend...
Just kidding...hopefully...

The Wellness Center is putting on a "Fitathlon" from January-March. The goals are to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles. Now let's be honest...swimming is something I downright suck at am not that strong in. So maybe this will give me the push I need to try it out and it's something new that breaks up the monotony of workouts!

And just because I am SUPER excited about my new Christmas presents, I'm going to brag a little bit more :) Can't WAIT to try out these bad girls! I have heard and heard how amazing Brooks shoes are...and will finally get the opportunity to try them. I also opted to have the other half of my present be 6 months paid at the Wellness Center. It will go to much better use than anything else I would have wanted!!

And here's a little gem for you on Weigh in Wednesday! Down another 3 lbs. That is now officially 6 lbs from Pre-Lenae weight and 2 lbs from 40 gone!! It's becoming more and more real with each shirt, pair of jeans, and workout pants that have become too big. I'm having serious issues while I run now because I am constantly having to pull my pants back up. Guess it's time for the next size down!(and yes I know, I need to repaint my nails :))

When I get that 40 lbs I will do some more progression pics!! I'm excited to see the change!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. my toenails need paint badly too... i am doing the last loser standing as well! congrats on being so close to 40 pounds! thats amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a hard time getting my workouts in too. It's so busy right now and my motivation is down. I have always wanted to do a triathlon, but I think I need swimming lessons first.

    ReplyDelete